Saturday, April 18, 2009

Child friendly venues for sunny days.

A rare sunny day here in Dublin and I'm trying to think of something to do with the kids. I would like to take them somewhere outdoors, educational and inexpensive but I'm not really in the humour of a playground or a park. If I was alone I would head into the city to bathe in the atmosphere of some of the great free gigs taking place in record stores but the reality of negotiating the city on a Saturday with two toddlers only to get to a destination that would almost definitely be proclaimed as 'too noisy' for my darlings' sensitive ears does not make that particularly appealing. I need groceries and the house is untidy but neither of those chores are exactly springing me into action. Perhaps I'll try and find a farm that sells organic vegetables. That could be fun and at get at least half of a chore done. I heard there's one relatively close by. I guess we can spend half the time on a mystery tour looking for it and the other half exploring it if we find it. Never know what else we might find on our travels. Should be nearly bedtime by the time we get back.

One of the other things bothering me this week is summer festivals. I love them. Some of the line ups are fantastic this year. Unfortunately, Oxegen is child free and I can't leave my breastfeeding toddler for that long so I was delighted to see line up at child friendly Electric Picnic wasn't half bad either. I was all set to buy a family ticket when I saw the price. E480!!! We could get a week in the sun for that. Currently researching some cheaper options. I'd like to take them for the atmosphere but I can'tjustify spending that amount of money for what very well turn out to be a complete wash out and I may not even get to see the performances if the kids don't like the crowds.

So I'm done with moaning now and off to do something less boring than sitting in front of a computer instead. Perhaps the Vitamin D will inspire me. Let you know if we find the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment