Friday, April 3, 2009

Things I've changed to be Greener.

  1. Switched to Airtricity - all our electricity is now generated by wind.
  2. Recycling - we've got our regular bin down to once a month and its usually not full.
  3. Started using a Mooncup - no dirty menstrual products to dispose of.
  4. Use solar powered battery charger - kids toys eat batteries.
  5. Using fast wash facility on washing machine - works just fine: less water, less power.
  6. Hang out washing whenever its not raining.
  7. Bring reusable shopping bags to grocery store.
  8. Breastfeeding - no formula packaging or chemicals -not the only reason I do it though.
  9. Bath the kids together - less water.
  10. Turn off lights and unplug appliances. We have timer plugs on t.v. and radio so they are off completely when not in use.

My guilty secret is I never found a cloth nappy that suited my kids and me so I still use disposables. Our rented house is also oil burning. I would love a completely sustainable house. I'm pretty sure my husband could build one too. Unfortunately, the universe so far has not been forthcoming with a couple of hundred K. I'll keep asking though. Its been fairly generous with cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment