Thursday, April 2, 2009

Slowcooking and Easter chicks.

This morning I answered the interminable question 'What's for dinner?' by digging out all the non rotten vegetables from the bottom of the fridge, peeling them, roughly chopping them and dumping them in the slow cooker with some defrosted lean sliced beef. I poured over a can of Guinness, a lump of frozen beef stock, a glug of red wine and some random herbs and turned on. Prep time 10 minutes. Cooking time about 6 hours. Smells good so far - I'll let you know. Its beef and guinness stew if my husband asks.

My eldest arrived home from playschool bearing a painted yellow chicken in a nest and a basket of chocolate eggs. Oh no - the Easter holidays. There goes my three hours in the morning. On the plus side though it appears to be summer today in Dublin. Sand pit occupied them for about an hour.

How to Make an Easter Basket:
Cut off top of plastic bottle, stick paper squares all over to cover. Thread thick pipecleaner through two holes on opposite sides. Fill with tissue paper and small chocolate eggs. Result a very proud 3 year old and a very chocolaty 1 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment